Recipe by Charna Sheinfeld, Nutrition Intern
2 large ripe pears (comice or D’anjou)
1 teaspoon honey
4 tablespoons slivered almonds
2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roast slivered almonds for 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare pears: cut each pear in half and remove the core.
- Brush each pear half with 1/4 teaspoon honey.
- Place 1 tablespoon toasted slivered almonds and 1/2 teaspoon dried cranberries on each pear half and inside the hollowed out core.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon as desired.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in preheated oven until the pears are soft.
- Serve warm.
Serving Size: 1/2 pear
Yield: 4 servings
Total Fat: 3.5 gm
Saturated Fat: 0 gm
Monounsaturated Fat: 2 gm
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 gm
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Protein: 2 gm
Carbohydrate: 19 gm
Dietary Fiber: 4 gm
Sodium: 0 mg
Bonnie R. Giller, MS, RD, CDN, CDE • BRG Dietetics & Nutrition, P.C.
brghealth.com • (516) 486-4569