3 medium bananas, peeled
4 ounces dark chocolate
6 wooden Popsicle sticks
2 Tablespoons chopped almonds (optional)
- Cut each banana in half crosswise and insert a Popsicle stick at the cut side.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and using a microwave safe bowl or double boiler, melt the chocolate being careful that it doesn’t burn. If using the microwave, heat in 30 second intervals, always stirring to check that the chocolate becomes smooth and fully melted.
- Dip the top 3/4 of the banana in the chocolate, turning it to fully coat.
- Roll the chocolate covered banana in chopped almonds if desired.
- Place dipped bananas on a tray lined with wax paper and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place tray in freezer until chocolate is frozen.
Serving Size: 1 piece
Bonnie R. Giller, MS, RD, CDN, CDE • BRG Dietetics & Nutrition, P.C.
brghealth.com • (516) 486-4569