Instead of the usual dining hall meal choices or eating out this week, try these other suggestions for meals which are convenient to prepare, and are inexpensive as well!
- Smoothie: 8oz. low fat yogurt, 1 whole piece fruit or 8 oz. fruit juice; English muffin with jam.
- Egg white omelet with veggies and whole wheat toast.
- 1 cup oatmeal or yogurt with ¼ cup raisins stirred in; 1 cup fat-free milk.
- 2 slices whole grain toast with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter; banana.
- Fresh fruits such as bananas and apples, cut into your favorite Kashi cereal with fat-free milk.
- Vegetarian Chili (high in protein and fiber), fruit and yogurt.
- Whole grain turkey wrap with lettuce, tomato, and low fat dressing.
- Fresh Lettuce Salad with added pieces of chicken or tuna, cup up raw veggies and whole wheat pita.
- Vegan rice and beans. This dish is high in protein, fiber, and low in fat!
- Pizza on a pita: Add tomato sauce or fresh tomatoes from the salad bar; Sprinkle low fat mozzarella cheese. Microwave and enjoy!
- Baked potato meal: Top a baked potato with some of your favorites from the salad bar! Try raw or cooked veggies, shredded low fat cheese, tofu or chili; then microwave.
- Vegetable or bean soup. Add a side salad and a piece of whole grain toast to make for a delicious meal!
- Pasta tossed with grilled chicken and the vegetable of the day in the dining hall.
- Brown rice mixed with vegetables topped with soy sauce or low fat dressing.
- Whole wheat wrap filled with cheese, veggies and lean meat or tuna. Put it in the sandwich griller maker for a feel like home hot pocket.