Recipe by Charna Sheinfeld, Nutrition Intern
2 acorn squash
2 teaspoon olive oil
2 teaspoon maple syrup
4 cups spinach leaves, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the acorn squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Mix 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon maple syrup together.
- Brush the oil-maple mixture lightly on the insides of the 4 squash bowls.
- Roast in oven for 40-50 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil in a sauté pan.
- Add chopped spinach leaves and sauté for 5-7 minutes until soft. Add salt.
- When squash is ready, remove from oven.
- Divide spinach amongst the 4 squash halves.
- Top each squash bowl with 1 teaspoon pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle with remaining 1 teaspoon maple syrup.
Serving Size: 1/2 acorn squash
Yield: 4 servings
Total Fat: 2.5 gm
Saturated Fat: 0 gm
Monounsaturated Fat: 1.5 gm
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 gm
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Protein: 3 gm
Carbohydrate: 28 gm
Dietary Fiber: 4 gm
Sodium: 180 mg
Bonnie R. Giller, MS, RD, CDN, CDE • BRG Dietetics & Nutrition, P.C.
brghealth.com • (516) 486-4569