Recipe by Charna Sheinfeld, Nutrition Intern
2 cups of frozen edamame beans in pods, cooked according to package instructions
1 head fresh garlic
1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
Fresh black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice off the top of the garlic head. Pour 1/2 teaspoon olive oil over the exposed garlic cloves.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and roast for 45-60 minutes until soft.
- Squeeze out the soft cloves of garlic and mash.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of olive oil, soy sauce, and pepper.
- Pour over cooked edamame pods and mix well.
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Yield: 2 servings
Total Fat: 4.5 gm
Saturated Fat: 0 gm
Monounsaturated Fat: 1.0 gm
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 gm
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Protein: 8 gm
Carbohydrate: 8 gm
Dietary Fiber: 3 gm
Sodium: 500 mg
Bonnie R. Giller, MS, RD, CDN, CDE • BRG Dietetics & Nutrition, P.C.
brghealth.com • (516) 486-4569