If you’re like most people, you probably started this year with hopes that you would find a diet you like and stick with it. However, as the end of the year nears, you realized that you have yet to find any diet that you could sustain. That is why you want to consider starting 2019 by saying NO TO DIETING.
As I’m sure you’ve learned throughout the years, dieting doesn’t work. It can actually cause you to become more stressed. This year, it may be time to embrace intuitive eating and help restore your trust with food and your body.
The first step in the intuitive eating journey is rejecting the diet mentality. I know that this is easier said than done. After years of dieting, you may think there isn’t a better way to approach eating without the confines of a diet plan. However, you do not need rules to know what food your body requires for nourishment. When you embrace the intuitive eating approach, you learn how to respect your hunger without needing the rules that come with dieting.
4 Reasons to Embrace Intuitive Eating
- You will restore a peaceful relationship with your body. You are not born hating your body, and you shouldn’t hate it now either. Years of dieting has told you that your body is not good enough, but guess what? It is!
- You will learn to eat for nourishment. When you follow the strict rules of dieting, you ignore your internal cues of hunger and fullness. When you practice intuitive eating, you learn how to listen to the messages your body gives you and eat what your body needs.
- You will stop the vicious cycle of dieting.The average woman tries at least one new diet a year, and some try up to 3 different diets in one year! This tells you that dieting does not work, if it did you would have stuck to the first diet you tried.
- You will make peace with food. You no longer will see certain foods as good or bad, instead you will learn that everything has its place in moderation.
Even after reading all the above reasons, you might be skeptical. It may sound too good to be true. However, when you practice intuitive eating you learn that all foods, including sweets, have a place in your eating world. You will find through your journey, that your “cravings” for the foods you’ve been restricting and desiring won’t be so strong and will even go away entirely.
Not everyone will understand your pursuit for a happier and healthier you. However this journey is not about everyone else, it is a personal choice.
Throughout this journey you will learn how to:
- Restore a healthy relationship with food.
- Respect your body.
- Honor your hunger.
- Eat without your emotions.
- Acknowledge and respect your fullness.
- Achieve a WholeBody Trust™, one in which you will trust your mind, emotions and food choices.
If you are wondering where to get started or want to learn more about this process, check out my website at DietFreeRadiantMe.com. I am a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor and would love to work with you along this journey.