Here are some tasty and satisfying ideas for breakfast!
- Yogurt & Cereal Parfait: Mix vanilla or lemon low-fat yogurt with ¼ cup of nuts, fresh or dried fruit, and bran flakes in a cup or container. It’s perfect for home or for when you’re on the go!
- Ham & Egg Wrap: Slice a hard-boiled egg or just the whites, then roll it in an 8-inch whole-wheat tortilla with a piece of Canadian bacon and a ½ ounce of non-fat cheese (if desired).
- Fruit & Cheese: Slice an apple and cut up 1-2 ounces of reduced fat cheddar cheese. Add ¼ cup of walnuts for some additional fiber and protein!
- Peanut Butter Waffle: Toast a whole-grain waffle and swap the syrup with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. Top this with some raisins, peanuts, or sesame seeds for extra fiber.
- Strawberry Shake: In a blender, combine vanilla or strawberry instant-breakfast powder (preferably with no sugar added, such as Carnation), and 1 cup of non-fat plain soy milk. Add fresh strawberries and/or bananas if desired.
- Berry Burst: Combine ½ cup of low-fat cottage cheese with ½ cup blueberries, and a tablespoon of chopped almonds or walnuts for a breakfast high in antioxidants and protein.
- Fruity Wrap: Layer a small whole-wheat tortilla with reduced-fat peanut butter and 1 tablespoon of all-fruit strawberry jam.
- Egg Sandwich: On a whole-wheat English muffin, place one scrambled egg and one slice of low-fat Monterey Jack cheese. Enjoy with ½ pink grapefruit on the side.
- On-the-Go Mix: Mix up some of your own homemade trail mix with 1/8 cup dried fruit, 1/8 cup of walnuts, and ½ cup of whole-grain cereal.