12 ounces fresh or frozen strawberries
1/2 ripe mango or 5-6 ounces frozen mango
4 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 cups water
- In a blender or food processor, blend strawberries and mango.
- Once fruit begins to break down, add remaining ingredients.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes until very smooth, stopping mid-way to scrape down the sides of the blender.
- Spread the sorbet on a baking sheet or 9 x 13 aluminum pan.
- Cover and freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer and blend for an additional 2-3 minutes for a creamy texture.
- Pour contents into a container and freeze until ready to eat.
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Total Fat: 0 gm
Saturated Fat: 0 gm
Monounsaturated Fat: 0 gm
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 gm
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Protein: less than 1 gm
Carbohydrate: 19 gm
Dietary Fiber : 1 gm
Sodium: 0 mg
Bonnie R. Giller, MS, RD, CDN, CDE • BRG Dietetics & Nutrition, P.C.
brghealth.com • (516) 486-4569