Recipe by Charna Sheinfeld, Nutrition Intern
4 chicken thighs and 4 chicken legs, skinned
2 large apples (Cortland or empire work well), unpeeled, cored and sliced thinly
2 large leeks cleaned, and each cut into 4-6 long strips
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Moroccan paprika (or regular paprika)
1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large roasting pan, place sliced apples, and leeks.
- Place chicken thighs and legs above apples and leeks.
- Lightly brush each piece of chicken with the olive oil.
- Mix salt, pepper, garlic, paprika and parsley flakes together.
- Sprinkle evenly over the chicken.
- Cover chicken with foil and roast for one hour covered.
- Uncover chicken and continue to roast for another 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh and leg
Yield: 4 servings
Total Fat: 12 gm
Saturated Fat: 2.5 gm
Monounsaturated Fat: 5 gm
Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5 gm
Cholesterol: 180 mg
Protein: 40 gm
Carbohydrate: 19 gm
Dietary Fiber: 3 gm
Sodium: 340 mg
Bonnie R. Giller, MS, RD, CDN, CDE • BRG Dietetics & Nutrition, P.C.
brghealth.com • (516) 486-4569